What is the cost to register on College Matrix?
Anyone may register and browse College Matrix at no cost. Students, military service members, and college-related groups can also post classified ads for FREE!
Cost specifics are explained on our pricing page, and can also be found by logging in to your personal "My Account" page.
Is this site secure?
How often will I receive email advertisements?
Preventing fraud, scams, and other security concerns.
Tips For your safety:
- CLASSIFIEDS: Meet in a public place when purchasing items from anyone (e.g., provost office, police station, mall security area, etc.).
- JOBS: Never give money to any company to apply for a job. Reputable companies will not ask you to pay any application fees, equipment charges, or other fees/charges to get hired.
- PAYMENTS: Never send money for any item that you cannot inspect. Never send money through a third party that you are not familiar with.
College Matrix can send you an email when a textbook you want is posted. Simply login to your "My Account" area and enter the information in the search filters for the books you want.
Also, any textbook you post on the College Matrix website will automatically be viewable in the “Textbook Search” app so others may find it using their cell phone.
The College Matrix event calendar.
The College Matrix event calendar is available to all members at no cost. You can access the event calendar through your account page.
- All new events will be reviewed and vetted by CM Staff prior to posting. Returning users may be granted un-vetted access.
- We will not accept events that encourage illicit drugs, sexual material, or any illegal, immoral or unethical activities.
- We will not accept events designed solely to produce income (e.g., timeshare sales, car sales, how-to of house-flipping).
- You can post images/flyers to accompany your event. Tip: photo images (jpg/jpeg) are more effective than pdf.
- Calendar events will automatically be deleted on the event end date.
Scholarship information posted on College Matrix.
Businesses may post scholarship information at no cost via the “Add classified” link in their “My Account” area. We do not accept scholarship postings from individuals.
Disclaimer: We occasionally list scholarship information as a resource for students. However, College Matrix does not endorse, sponsor, guarantee, or award any posted scholarship.
Contributing article(s) for publication on College Matrix.
College Matrix will accept articles for publication, simply follow the guidelines below.
Your submitted article:
- Must be your original work, or you must have the author’s permission to publish.
- Must be in MS Word format.
- Must be dated, and generally free from defects in grammar and punctuation.
- Cannot be longer than 3000 words (approximately 5 pages).
- Must adequately cite all relevant sources.
Email your article and associated images to: email@example.com. Use the article title in the subject line of the email.
Disclaimer: College Matrix does not pay for submissions of material. Although you retain the rights to your submitted material, you grant College Matrix the right to use any submitted material on our site as we see fit. College Matrix does not guarantee the publication of any material submitted to us.
How do I find what I'm looking for?
Each sub-area (Classifieds, Articles, Events, Notable Collegiates) of College Matrix offers a search bar. You have several options:
- We offer a quick search form in each sub-area for you to enter keywords to search.
- The classifieds offer an Advanced Search page for you to refine your search criteria. If you already know what you're looking for, you can browse the categories listed on our home page.
- Members can also login to their "My Account" area enter information into our search filters for items they want. College Matrix automatically send you an email notification if an item is posted that matches your filter (search) critieria.
Can I save items to revisit later?
Yes. You can maintain your own "favorites" list within your account. Each listing on our site has an "add to favorites" link. Simply click that link and we will add that item to your favorites list.
How do buyers and sellers communicate with each other?
Buyers can contact you through a form on each of your listings, so your email address remains anonymous. College Matrix will then notify you by email of the buyer's questions and you can either reply by email or through our onsite messaging system.