USING COLLEGE MATRIX (CM)
Costs. Anyone may register and browse at no cost. Students and military service members can also post items for sale for FREE! Cost specifics for all are explained on our pricing page. Costs can also be found by logging in to your personal "My Account" page.
How often will I receive email advertisements? College Matrix does not send unsolicited emails. Any email we send is necessary to respond to a request by you, or to provide information pertinent to you or your postings. CM will NEVER email you with any requests for personal information.
PREVENTING FRAUD, SCAMS, AND OTHER SECURITY CONCERNS
Tips For your safety:
- CLASSIFIEDS: Meet in a public place when purchasing items from anyone (e.g., provost office, police station, mall security area, etc.).
- JOBS: Never give money to any company to apply for a job. Reputable companies do not ask you to pay any fees, equipment charges, or other charges to get hired.
- PAYMENTS: Never send money for any item that you cannot inspect. Never send money through a third party that you are not familiar with.
Posting an item. From your “My Account” page, locate the “Add Items” section and select “New Classified”. The Classifieds consist of several areas (For Sale, Textbooks, Vehicles, Jobs, Learning, Housing, Services, and For Your Info).
Note: The “For Your Info” area contains items of interest for college students, and only CM may post items here.
Finding wanted items. College Matrix can send you an email when a textbook, or other item, you want is posted. Simply login to your "My Account" area and enter the information in the search filters for the books you want.
Saving items to revisit later. You can maintain your own "favorites" list within your account. Each listing on our site has an "add to favorites" link. Simply click that link and we will add that item to your favorites list.
Communication between buyers and sellers. Buyers can contact you through a form on each of your listings, so your email address remains anonymous. College Matrix will then notify you by email of the buyer's questions and you can either reply by email or through our onsite messaging system.
The College Matrix event calendar is available to all members at no cost. Members can post an event through their “My Account” page, then locate the “Add Items” section and select “New Event”.
- All new events will be reviewed and vetted by CM Staff prior to posting. Returning users may be granted un-vetted access.
- We will not accept events that encourage illicit drugs, sexual material, or any illegal, immoral or unethical activities.
- We will not accept events designed solely to produce income (e.g., timeshare sales, car sales, how-to of house-flipping).
- You can post images/flyers to accompany your event. Tip: photo images (jpg/jpeg) tend to be more effective than pdf.
- Calendar events will automatically be deleted on the event end date.
Anyone may post scholarship(s) through their “My Account” page, then locate the “Add Items” section and select “New Scholarship”.
CM accepts 2 types of postings for scholarships:
- Sponsor-Administered. Government agencies, licensed businesses, and colleges may post their scholarship(s) at no cost. This is provided as a service to students and CM is not responsible for how these scholarships are handled or funded.
- CM-administered. CM will post scholarships for any member. These may incur an administrative fee. CM will open the scholarship, allow public review of submissions, select awardee(s), and disburse funds to awardees.
College Matrix will accept articles for publication from registered members, simply follow the guidelines below.
Your submitted article:
- Must be your original work, or you must have the author’s permission to publish.
- Must be in MS Word format.
- Must be dated, and generally free from defects in grammar and punctuation.
- Cannot be longer than 5000 words (approximately 5 pages).
- Must adequately cite all relevant sources.
Email your article and associated images to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the article title in the subject line of the email.
Disclaimer: College Matrix does not pay for submissions of material. Although you retain the rights to your submitted material, you grant College Matrix the right to use any submitted material on our site as we see fit. College Matrix does not guarantee the publication of any material submitted to us.
Students, or anyone, may search for colleges via our “Find a College” page.
College administrators may link their account to a specific college page, allowing you to control the information displayed on that page. To link accounts please contact us and request your account be linked to a specific college.
If students need ideas on how best to reach their goals, the CM Collegiates page is a searchable list of college graduates, their career fields, and degrees used to obtain their status.
Still can't find the answer to your question? Do you have a comment or suggestion to share?